We did it! We signed a lease in Oxnard to open a Bike HUB there. This has been the result of so much work to connect with the Oxnard community, outreach, pop-up bike repair, talks with the city, internal work, almost signing a lease in another location, a Transportation Needs Assessment, and saving whenever we could to have money to put down when the time came.
Even with our financial savings plan, we managed to accomplish amazing work in throughout Ventura County:
- We gave away over 300 free bike helmets to Oxnard farmworker families
- Taught 860 youth on-bike safety in school
- Distributed over 200 free bicycle lights to Oxnard residents, plus 50 bike lights to youth at the Oxnard Bike HUB opening day!
- 110 free bike lights given to youth served by community partners
- Over 400 clients helped with bike repair at our community bike shop
Now we need the community to support BikeVentura to ensure the Oxnard HUB is successful and will change biking in Oxnard for good.
Help us reach our goal of $25,000.
Your impact goes directly back into the community.
- $2,000 – A month’s rent at the Oxnard Bike HUB, the Oxnard headquarters for safer streets
- $1,000 – A mechanics class for Oxnard youth
- $500 – A bilingual ride ready course for adults to learn bike safety and confidence
- $200 – 20 free bike helmets for kids in our youth program<
- $50 – Free bike repair for an unhoused person
- $20 – Free bike lights for an essential worker